Chichester Mini Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chichester Mini Club Forum

For all local classic mini owners

+7
itsfee
sam mayfair spi
Tommy Eightfifty Huntbach
steble
tahitipunk
HeatherMaude
rubex
11 posters

Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!!

rubex
    rubex

Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!! Empty Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!!

Post  rubex Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:46 am

Okay guys we've been going strong for a year now and it is about time we had our own event, problem being we cant afford the insurance for an actual event so we're going to do a cluub run instead!!
    We want to start in Chichester and head to a picnic spot in convoy....so far we've thought of the new forest or the devil's dyke (nr brighton) But if anyone has any other ideas where we can go on some nice driving roads aare welcome....
    so please post ideas/comments below and by the end of the month we should have our final plan set out so we can publisise the event both locally and nationally to teh mini community as we plan to do it one sunday in august Smile
    SO get your thinking caps on guys!
    Oh and the event is going to be free to participate, everyone can bring their own picnic! But we will take donations on the day which will be given to a local charity seems we are a local club Smile
    Steve prefers the Devils Dyke as a destination so what do you all thimk??
    HeatherMaude
    HeatherMaude

Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!! Empty Re: Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!!

Post  HeatherMaude Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:05 am

I think it sounds like a brilliant idea. I'm well up for it.
    Not sure about places to go though, don't really know anywhere around here. Haha
    tahitipunk
    tahitipunk

Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!! Empty Re: Chichester mini club's very own Club run!!!!

Post  tahitipunk Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:47 am

How about starting from South Downs to West Witterings...keep it to the Chichester area... as Chichester does have some lovely places and its good to encourage more visitors to the area. Idea
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 am

good plan...i was thiking it would be really great if we got people to show up from about 8 30 am and have loads of minis parked up in the car park for local people to come c and c what chimini club is all about...we can easily advertise locally...if we did wittering we could have people come c the minis there too
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:24 am

laura taking from your idea were looking at a more local route ending up in the witterings...were gonna have to drive them before hand obviously checking for stuff we wouldnt c on a map and writting directions or the run!
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:43 am

here's a route for your idea laura

https://2img.net/h/i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa137/steble/southdownsrun.jpg

obviously we will drive the route soon and check its all good, and produce directions but we need to pick a route first
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:52 am

Post  Tommy Eightfifty Huntbach Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 am

on west wittering destinaton idea, i could have a word with the chaps down there and see whether they could do free parking for all run people (usin vouchers or summit) next to sea, (along the lines of the idea that it will be a charity run that is lol)
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 pm

yer that would be good tom if you could Very Happy
    sam mayfair spi
    sam mayfair spi

Post  sam mayfair spi Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:47 am

i think this is a really good idea .... i was going to try and plan a run for the week end 24th/15th of july for my birthday week end as it would be really nice to shear it with all you other mini people Smile what do u think ???
    itsfee
    itsfee

Post  itsfee Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:16 am

Great Idea. Wittering would be a good place to have it as it will get Chi Mini Club on the map Very Happy
    sam mayfair spi
    sam mayfair spi

Post  sam mayfair spi Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:52 pm

24th/25th
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:34 pm

right people we need to make decisions for this is everyone liking the wittering idea?

what day of the week do people think a sunday?

feedback asap please
    Sprite-nation
    Sprite-nation

Post  Sprite-nation Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 am

Witterings sounds good, and a Sunday would be better too.

Post  Tommy Eightfifty Huntbach Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:36 am

sounds gud
    itsfee
    itsfee

Post  itsfee Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Yes Sunday would be good for me too. Laughing
    tahitipunk
    tahitipunk

Post  tahitipunk Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:17 am

Lol of course cos I suggested it :p
    canadiankev
    canadiankev

Post  canadiankev Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 am

Just a few ideas, make sure it is well known it is not a race and speeds are kept down as some minis are not turbos or supercharged , and has anyone ever heard of a poker run ? up to 52 minis can take part and all thats needed is 10 people to help out 5 decks of cards and 260 envelopes and 5 buckets .( maybe see if any mini shop will donate a nice prize ) The rules are simple, have 5 stops along the route with 2 people at each stop handing out the envolpes and the bucket for a donation for your envelope, by the end of the run each car entered will have 5 envelopes with a card in each one as the picnic starts just everyone opens their own envelopes and whoever has the best poker hand wins the prize. The cost will be almost nil as cards can come from a pound shop, near anything can work for a donation box, unsure about envelopes, and if we get a nice donation for the prize it will be near all profit or even just have donations for the things needed then it's 100% profit i will get the cards if this idea flies
    canadiankev
    canadiankev

Post  canadiankev Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:44 am

I love this idea but things have to get on the push asap as there will be loads of work anyone want to meet up on Sunday the 25th to discuss dates route fund raising and what organization we will be donating to ? and anything else that needs talking about. someone step up pick a place to meet to get this moving i will help as much as possible but i also work shifts and weekends so my time is slightly all over the shop i'm off this sunday but start at 3 am monday so not to late would be best for me on sunday
    tahitipunk
    tahitipunk

Post  tahitipunk Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 am

Good ideas Kev!!

The poker game sounds fun and a good enticement for attracting other mini clubs to the area, as people attending would expect some form of entertainment.... Envelopes, cards n buckets shouldn't cost too much.

Yes that's true as charities need to be contacted and we need to contact the press as we will need advertising.

Also could be an idea to contact other clubs which have held runs to see what legislation or risk assessments they have had to deal with...also a list on contingencies it something doesn't go to plan.

Also I have included below a list of charities which are local to chichester..could be worth supporting!!

St Richards Charity

Sussex Snowdrop

VCACD

St Wildrid's Hospice

Dreams Come True

Also Dreams come true if they like the idea they also do this:

Fundraising Pack: This contains fundraising hints and tips and lots of information on the charity.
    Sponsorship Forms: We will gladly send you printed sponsorship forms, but can also help you to set up an online sponsorship form on www.justgiving.com or Virgin Money Giving sites.
    Balloons & Banners: If you are organising an event on behalf of Dreams Come True we will be happy to provide support materials such as leaflets, balloons and banners for use at the venue.
    T-shirts & Running Vests: Guaranteed to get you noticed when you take part in a sporting event!
    Press coverage: If you are doing something unusual or emotive for Dreams Come True we can help you to let the media know about this.
    Events Calendar: If there is an event you would like us to publicise please let us know and we will add it to our online events calendar.
    Thank you: Every time you donate we will thank you, and if you have completed a sponsored event on our behalf we will send you an official certificate to mark your achievement.
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:10 am

kev its club meet on the 25th anyway Very Happy
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 am

right date has been picked for the chichester mini club run

we agreed on august and a sunday previously

problem is the 8th is southern mini days and the 15th is minis in the park

so that means we better do our event on

sunday 22nd of august Very Happy

as the weekend after is reading and most mini owners are alternative Laughing

Post  Tommy Eightfifty Huntbach Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 am

Sounds good steve can it also include a joint b day piss up 4 us lol
    canadiankev
    canadiankev

Post  canadiankev Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:49 am

If the club is getting insurance is it still going to be a run or would the run end up turning into a show? Does anyone want to step up and take charge i am willing to help as much as possible but things do have to get moving so advertizing can happen to get the word out
    tahitipunk
    tahitipunk

Post  tahitipunk Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

I thought Becci was meant to be organising it???

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 am