Chichester Mini Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chichester Mini Club Forum

For all local classic mini owners

3 posters

frank :(

rubex
    rubex

frank :( Empty frank :(

Post  rubex Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:00 am

As some of you knwo from face book, i crashed frank yesterday Sad
    I am still absoloutly gutted and its looking like they'll wirtee her off, i recon i could fix her for reasonable cheap but i just dont have the money Sad
    I was going to get a loan and buy another mini, but now i dont know as i dont think i can afford that eithe r:/
    I cant not have a mini, or a car for that matter but atm, not looking good.
    Poor frank Sad
    Retro_1985
    Retro_1985

frank :( Empty Re: frank :(

Post  Retro_1985 Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:33 am

This is not good, what happened and what's the damage?
    I know how you feel my mini nearly got written off a while back, took me 2 months of arguing with the insurance company before they decided to give me a cash in lieu settlement
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:32 am

silly mmin did her usual fling forward tick, although this time there was a citreon people carrier there,....
    i've bent the wing, its all twisted, my lovely new angel eye smashed, my lovely new mk 1 grill ruined and my front panel has given up now that is teh first time its been battered (i have been reversed into twice!) not sure what damage its done otehrwise, there are deffinatly handleing isues, maybe tie bars?maybe subframe...here is to hoping it ISNT the chassis though!
    Have spoken to a few mini people and they rekon she wont be written off! so yay! this is good news, reporting it tomorow! so here is hoping.
    Retro_1985
    Retro_1985

Post  Retro_1985 Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:47 am

I wouldn't have thought the sub-frame would be damaged, tie bar is more than likely, what about the inner wing? Ever thought of getting a fibreglass flip-front as a cheaper repair? either the mini will be off the road for a little while Sad let's hope the insurance company won't declair it as a write off :s
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:27 pm

the whole wing is all twisted....so i dont really know, its parked up by my dads so cant go look. yer its my daily car, so im not impressed Sad but it will be fixed and i think i am borowing ollie's 106 to drive about in until then as i have to get baby to teh childmider and myself to work!
    Retro_1985
    Retro_1985

Post  Retro_1985 Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:49 pm

A mini is always worth fixing, no matter what happens Smile I'm still waiting for mine to be repaired since October :s since then I have been driving my gf's vw golf :s
    understeer into wood
    understeer into wood

Post  understeer into wood Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 am

I agree with that... no mini should ever be scrapped, there are enough spares and repair parts out there, unfortunately the budget is the biggest issue. But it can always be passed on to sumone else as a project. ATM I'm considering building a mini speedster when my Bitzy is done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content