Chichester Mini Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chichester Mini Club Forum

For all local classic mini owners

2 posters

Hi Im New...

M1N1 C00P3R

Hi Im New... Empty Hi Im New...

Post  M1N1 C00P3R Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Hello everyone!
    Hi im thomas (tom) i have just moved to Chichester form abroad and i am 16 years old (17 in march)so not driving yet Sad. i have been enthusiastic about original minis since my dad first showed me the chase scene from the Italian Job, at the time i was about 3... i think. anyway i am looking out for a mini to be my first car of coarse. i would love to become part of your club, it sounds like loads of fun. and you look like a really welcoming club.

as i said before i am looking out for a mini, not too expensive, to have as my first car. i figure if i am on the lookout now i might have some time to fiddle with it over the winter ect. in fact i am going to look at a 1994 rover sprite over the weekend that i spotted online and was wondering is you mini experts could give me any advice on what to look for (i have the general idea from looking at mags and manuals) such as rust spots, typical problems and other stuff. also if this is a good model/if it had any problems.

Tom
    Retro_1985
    Retro_1985

Hi Im New... Empty Re: Hi Im New...

Post  Retro_1985 Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:37 am

Hi Tom

Welcome to the club, finding a good cheap mini is getting harder and harder these days Neutral a Sprite is a good standard mini be careful with the insurance tho as its a 1275cc Smile

when looking to get a mini, there are many things to look out for;
    check oil and water
    check for smoke
    when it come to rust check everywhere, main places A-panels, Scuttle, Rear Subframe

i guess it all depends on how much you want to spend Smile

im currently on the look out for a new mini as mine got stolen a few weeks ago Sad

you should come to one of our meets, we meet on the last sunday of each month at the chichester festival theater car park Smile
    M1N1 C00P3R

Post  M1N1 C00P3R Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks for your reply (sorry to hear of your stolen mini) Would love to come to a met, what time are they and should i bring anything.

yes the insurance is a problem, is it a huge difference between a 998cc and 1275cc? i was wondering if anyone knows, are the engines in newer cars such as 1990 onwards harder to work on than pre 1990?

Tom
    Retro_1985
    Retro_1985

Post  Retro_1985 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:12 am

We meet at 7pm on the last sunday of each month at the festival theater car park, but seeing as that will be christmas day im not sure when the next one is :/ no need to bring anything unless you bring a mini Razz

as for newer engines... the engines themselves are prtty much the same in all minis, the only difference is some of the newer ones have electronic ignition and fuel injection, i personally prefer older ones with a standard ignition and carburetta... very easy to work on Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:24 am