Chichester Mini Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chichester Mini Club Forum

For all local classic mini owners

4 posters

NEW RUN 2011!!!

rubex
    rubex

NEW RUN 2011!!! Empty NEW RUN 2011!!!

Post  rubex Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Hey guys,
    This year I am looking for a new venue for us to all park up at as although the Witterings was a nice setting and the size would still be plenty adequate (as they were willing to section off quite a large part for us) But the charge for parking was not so great, I don't think it was a n unreasonable price to pay for a show, but it seems a shame that they weren't willing to cooperate with us for a discount, so I feel we should look else where.
    So I am open to suggestions, obviously I am doing my own investigative work Wink but anyone who has a bright idea I would love to hear it.

Needs to be available on August 20/21st -- depending if we do it on Saturday or Sunday - ideally sunday but be available for us to prep sat!

Needs to be able to hold about 50 minis (lets be hopeful!!)

Needs extra room (so no one gets blocked in, we can have fun games and activities running and a BBQ ect)

Needs to be free or cheap, I am not against paying towards it but lets find somewhere that are going to work with us!

So get your thinking caps on

Very Happy
    Retro_1985
    Retro_1985

NEW RUN 2011!!! Empty Re: NEW RUN 2011!!!

Post  Retro_1985 Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:26 pm

how about the small field where the hold the pagham om parade show? easily fit 50 mini's there with space for fun and stuff, plus i think its owned by the church, so i dont know if they would charge to use it, but i think they would allow it Razz
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:40 pm

It is defiantly a possibility, I want a few ideas though, so keep em coming, so I can weigh out our options! Thanks Paul!
    Shane Hudson
    Shane Hudson

Location : Tangmere (Though I am restoring my Mini in Bognor!)

Post  Shane Hudson Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:42 am

Hmm the car park opposite the play park up at Goodwood? It is a lot bigger than the one around the corner that has the ice cream truck!
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:04 am

We thought about that actually Shane, me and Steve were discussing if they would open it for us, will deffinatly look into that!
    rubex
    rubex

Post  rubex Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm

GOOD NEWS!!!!
    I foudn on te council website we can ire land from the council...there are a few places, AND if we pick our charity in advance and they allow us to use their name we don't even have to pay!!! Although we would need an upfront deposit which is £445 - because we have a high veichle risk!!
    BUT we wouldn't need a temporary events notice this time if we dont have refreshments for sale, for next year we will deffinatly be looking to do it, but lets get this one done first! lol

For this year we would need to obtain our public liability insurance (which I think we found for just over £100 and I need to fill out 9 forms!!! haha

So the places we can rent are -

The following parks and designated areas can be hired from us for your event:
    Priory Park
    Oaklands Park
    Lifeboat Green, Selsey
    East Beach, Selsey
    Florence Road
    Whyke Amphitheatre
    Whyke Oval
    Bishops Palace Gardens
    New Park Road Park
    Sherborne Road Park

Don't think Priory park would let us park loads of minis there though! lol I was thinking Oaklands park would be FANTASTIC! It is perfect for us and they have the circus rapse up there twice a year, we would do no more damage! Im now super excited because i get to put my events planning into action! WOOP what do you think??
    understeer into wood
    understeer into wood

Post  understeer into wood Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 am

Sounds like you realy doing well. Hats off for this one

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am