Chichester Mini Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chichester Mini Club Forum

For all local classic mini owners

Need Some Bodywork Doing on my 98MPI Mini

Nat Thind
    Nat Thind

Need Some Bodywork Doing on my 98MPI Mini Empty Need Some Bodywork Doing on my 98MPI Mini

Post  Nat Thind Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Not sure if this is in the correct place or not but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

Now I need a few bits and bobs doing to my mini before I put it in for its MOT, nothing majour but a few little finishing touches.
    Now I live in Havant, PO9 area postcode and need somewhere thats within 5 minutes driving distance as the car currently has no MOT.

The work that needs doing is quite simple and I should think it could be done in a day; I need the doors adjusting so thay dont foul the body, I need the drivers side rear seatbelt bracket welding in (the car is MPI so has the inertia reel type belts) and I need a little patch welding in on the front drivers side flitch panel. I'd say the flitch panel cant be any bigger than 6 inches by 2 inches.

Now ideally I want somewhere that know what their doing with a classic car and doesn't cost the earth, I've found a couple of places locally but no idea what they are like.

I have "prep 'n' paint" on hayling island http://www.carrestorationhampshire.co.uk/

And I've found AD Williams Coachworks in Emsworth http://www.adwilliamscoachworks.co.uk/

I dont have to use these people, its the only places I could find on google that sounded like they knew their way around an older car.
    Is there anywhere else that someone would reccomend, I just want to find someone that knows what their doing with my car and wont do a poor job. Doesn't have to be a big outfit, more than happy with a one man band so long as they do a decent job.

Many thanks Nat

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:13 pm