Chichester Mini Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chichester Mini Club Forum

For all local classic mini owners

+3
clubbyman
HeatherMaude
steble
7 posters

For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini

steble
    steble

For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini Empty For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini

Post  steble Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:55 am

for those of you that haven't heard yet some uninsured C*** smashed into the side of my mini. its knackered the rear quater, inner arch, rear wheel, radius arm, and part of the rear panel around the tail light Sad oh and mud flap and chrome arch trim

heres the pic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

so i'm not likely to get any sorta payout for it which means its going to be like this for a very long time as i cant afford to fix it
    HeatherMaude
    HeatherMaude

For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini Empty Re: For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini

Post  HeatherMaude Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:04 am

Oh dear Crying or Very sad

will your insurance not cover the cost of repair??
    clubbyman
    clubbyman

For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini Empty Re: For those that haven't heard some **** hit my mini

Post  clubbyman Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 am

Shocked could you drive it with just a new radius arm and light?

Btw, if you are after cheap parts, Harris' scrap yard have two minis at the moment Smile
    steble
    steble

Post  steble Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:03 pm

why would i want to claim on my own insurance and pay the excess and lose my no claims

its drivable already the actual light isn't damaged, car just pulls to the left a bit

as for harris its never cheap there i've asked about parts that they want more for than if u bought them new Laughing
    itsfee
    itsfee

Post  itsfee Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Really sorry to hear about your accident. I think there is a company who settles claims from unisured drivers, might be worth having a word with your insurers regarding this as unfortunately there are too many people on the road without insurance these days. Think its Government backed not sure how it works though. Hope you ok. Any chance of getting the driver to settle up.
    electricjim
    electricjim

Post  electricjim Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Dont know if this is of help

http://www.confused.com/top-tips/motoring/car-insurance/what-do-i-do-if-i-m-hit-by-an-uninsured-driver-2336798742

"The MIB is a company which enters into agreements with the government to compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced motorists. If you choose to seek compensation via the MIB, then you will have to have an accident report. The MIB seek to compensate victims fairly and promptly. However, bear in mind that any claim made will be reduced by £300 – a bit like an excess payment. So if one claims for damage to the value of £500, then they will receive £200 in compensation payment."

http://www.mib.org.uk/Submit+a+Claim/en/Default.htm
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:24 pm

well the damage just got quoted by nathans dad at 1800
    clubbyman
    clubbyman

Post  clubbyman Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm

surely you could do it cheaper then that.. how much would the actual panels and parts cost?
    Oh and if you want any parts from harris', i could try for you as me and my bro go there all the time, the ladies there give us the parts quite cheap.. Smile
    sam mayfair spi
    sam mayfair spi

Post  sam mayfair spi Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 am

if any one needs parts form their just ask as i know grayham really well and never have to pay much Smile win Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm